Added by Luke Campbell | | no comments | votes: 0 | score: 0
Ingredients - (25 Mins, Makes 2 Pizza Bases)
For the Base,
2 cups wholemeal flour (plain flour if you prefer)
1 pinch of good sea salt
Tablespoon of Polenta /semolina
1 tablespoon of good Australian honey
3/4 cup of lukewarm water
1 x 7g sachet of yeast.
2 large Potatoes thinly sliced with a mandolin
1 Spanish onion thinly sliced, even shaved
2 sprigs of Thyme
2 sprigs of Rosemary
- Add the yeast to the water and let rest for 10 mins to combine
- Make a mound of flour on a flat, clean, work bench, create a hole in the
center and slowly add in the yeast mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180oc
- Cover your hands in flour so as the mixture wont stick to your hands.
- Knead flour mixture until all combined add your good sea salt and honey. The
more you knead, the better the dough will be....10mins is about all i can take.
- Roll to desired shape. Set aside and let it rise a little.
- Sprinkle the Pizza tray with a little polenta or semolina to prevent
- Bring 500mls of water to the boil add salt to taste, slowly add your potato
slices and let simmer for 2 -3 mins
- Saute sliced onion in a little oil until just soft.
Combine all ingredient lay slices on your base thinly and randomly, sprinkle
onion, rosemary and thyme over the pizza add a good drizzle of extra virgin
- Place on tray and bake 15 - 20mins until Potatoes just begin to go golden
Brown on the edges. Yum, I can almost smell it....and that's it you have just
created and authentic Pizza, "Viva Italia".
Serve with a crisp Italian white wine Pinot Grigio,
Gavi or even a nice Soave.